Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ProcessVertices

This topic is 5746 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

using DirectX 8.0: hello, i want to draw lens flare effect. and i want to use some 2d copy (blt) function to do this (it is faster than 3d rendering) to do copy i must have position of flare in screen coordinates. let''s say that i have position of the sun in 3d, and all needed matrices: projection, world, and view i know that i can use ProcessVertices(...) function - it should give me position of the flare in 2d screen coordinates, but it is giving me wrong position. - i''v done SetTransform for all 3 matrices, - then draw some object in 3d (lens flare source), - then doing ProcessVertices(...) for the center of this object - and drawing some flare on screen (using D3DFVF_XYZRHW|D3DFVF_DIFFUSE|D3DFVF_TEX1) what i have is wrong position of flare, just for examle: sun is in left top corner, and flare is drawing in the center of the screen. what''s going on ? can somebody give me link to some sites about drawing lens flares in dx8 ? i really can''t find anything !