Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

peter86

How do I locate the objects in the terrain?

How do I locate the objects in the terrain - what I mean is how do I compare the position of an object and where that position is on the terrain, so I can check if the objects touches the ground?

You can use several methods to do this:

1. Tap into GPS.
2. Use the naked eye. Usually, if it looks like an airplane or a flying saucer (etc.), there is a good chance it is not touching the ground, unless it has landed, of course. You could also simply just look for a space between the object and the ground.

I am looking for a a space between the ground and the object, but how do I localize the position of the object on the ground, so I know that I´m checking on the right place?

Find the x + y extents of the flying object so you know the extent of the terrain below that you will be checking.

ZoomBoy
Developing a iso-tile 2D RPG with skills, weapons, and adventure. See my old Hex-Tile RPG GAME, character editor, diary, 3D Art resources at Check out my web-site

I know that I have to do that and I´ve already tryed. So how do I locate where on the ground the object is, could someone show me some samplecode?

Are you talking about collision detection in 3-D space or what? I didn''t quite understand what you were looking for.... But if it''s collision detection you might want to work your way though your math books... 2-D line intersection is easy... When you know that, just study math for another 4 years and you know it in 3-D too =D

/G

What I want to know is how I know if I´m checking if an object is touching the ground where it is and not anywhere else.