Turtlegame(Mario style platformer): new version

Started by
1 comment, last by cmdkeen 22 years ago
Hello, there is a new version of my free super-mario-like-2d-platformer "The Turtlegame" on my webpage. Now added customizable control layout. 10 levels including simple tutorial 5 enemy types up to 2 players feel free to tell me how you liked it. http://www.turtlegame.de.vu- my 2D Platformer. Version 3 available since Feb'' 02 ! [Edited by - cmdkeen on May 19, 2008 8:38:08 PM]
Advertisement
It might because I got a fast(ish) computer, but the game runs stupidly fast so it's too difficult to control and plus it takes ages to stop after landing from a jusmp so I skid and fall into lava.
I only got to level 2 or 3 (it's the one with all the grids in the air) so I can't comment on the further levels, but this level is stupidly hard, tiny platforms (not hard on their own but with the increased skid it's nearly impossible witout split second reflexes) and really hard to grab grids (because of the speed).

Apart from those gripes it ran fine, no errors.

I would have liked it if it wasn't for the above reasons.

My system specs:
AMD Athalon 1400Mhz
256mb ram
Windows ME

EDIT : Oh yeah when trying the level editor I get an "Error Starting Program" type of error. Apparently I'm missing "VCL50.BPL", not sure if it's an error on my part or yours.

- DarkIce

[edited by - DarkIce on March 24, 2002 12:12:42 PM]
Well, the game is not slow. And the skill level is well let''s say for veterans. But the first 3 levels should be fairly easy.
You might check if the game runs faster than it should by looking at the timer in the upper right corner. It shows minutes, seconds and milliseconds. Tell me if it runs too fast.

You have to download the dll pack from the downloads section to run the editor if it gives you this error. This is because it needs some Borland runtime dlls. I should add a comment to the help file about it.

http://www.turtlegame.de.vu- my 2D Platformer. Version 3 available since Feb'' 02 !

[Edited by - cmdkeen on May 19, 2008 8:27:33 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement