[java] deathstar hunt, a java game

Started by
23 comments, last by Jippi_programming 22 years ago
Works great on these Solaris SunRay terminals at uni in Netscape 4.76.

As for features I agree that gun turrets would be nice and also I think it would be good if the enemies flew in formations.

Keep up the good work!
Advertisement
Small note, you should move the ship during mouse dragged events as well as mouse moved events. It is very distracting to fire and not have the ship move until you let up on the mouse button.
hmm.. I don''t really understand what you meen..
You know that you aren''t supposed to hold down the mouse when firing? You''re just supposed to click really fast!
Maybe it''s the way you''re playing it? I''ll try with also searching for mousedrags and see if i notice any difference.. Anyway, thanks for the feedback!
Firing fast is a good thing but try this. put the mouse in the middle of the applet now click and hold the button down and try to move the ship. You can''t because you aren''t responding to mouse dragged events. When firing very fast (via multiple mouse clicks) the ship won''t move smoothly if you move the mouse even a pixel when trying to fire. That''s all I''m saying.
hmm.. Maybe it would be a good gameplay improvement? I must try it before I tell you. I definitely will! Maybe it''ll feel much smoother then?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement