Keeping people off your back

Started by
15 comments, last by Muzlack 22 years ago
You know the worst part of game programming? Lets say you are working, and someone instant messanges you. There''s nothing I could do to make them leave me alone. So, what I was thinking was make a program to randomly key in one of 20 phrases every, oh, 30 seconds, so the conversation would look like: Someone: Hey! MuzlakOofmay: Hey man. Someone: How are you? MuzlakOofmay: What are you gonna do this weekend? Someone: Nothing much, but how are you? MuzlakOofmay: Ok. Someone: Did you go see Lord of the rings? MuzlakOofmay: k. Someone: Uhh, did you SEE it? MuzlakOofmay: What are you gonna do this weekend? Someone: what are you doing? MuzlakOofmay: I had a lot of pizza last night. Someone: Wanna hang out? MuzlakOofmay: k. Someone: Where should we meet? MuzlakOofmay: What are you gonna do this weekend? Someone: I ALREADY told you! MuzlakOofmay: Did you get all of your homework done? Someone: Ugh... This is really annoying, yes I did. MuzlakOofmay: I had a lot of pizza last night. Someone: I know! MuzlakOofmay: Really? Someone: YES! MuzlakOofmay: Sorry, that was my brother. Someone: Oh, that explains it. MuzlakOofmay: What are you gonna do this weekend? Someone signed off at 11:33 AM This would be awesome! Is there a way I can get a hold of the IM textbox? I''m not much into windows programming, I just know enough to get a simple application started for dx. But this would be awesome! It would make me able to free up a lot of time for game programming. Sponge Factory --Muzlack
--Muzlack
Advertisement
... Or you could just set an away message...
But that takes the mystery out of the whole thing. Then people would be mad at me, but this way, they''ll think I''m weird.
--Muzlack
Just dont have any IM systems running when you are coding!!!

Ballistic Programs
You don''t understand! It is simply to be funny!
--Muzlack
quote:Original post by Muzlack
You don''t understand! It is simply to be funny!

It''s not funny, it''s deadly serious! Won''t you please think of the children!!

For what it''s worth, I laughed .

Take a look at FindWindow and SetWindowText. You can use Spy++ to get window class and title for the textbox of your favorite messenger. Or you can use hooks: SetWindowsHookEx.
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
This is a fantasic idea! I want one too
A guy at work wanted to write an IM Bot that would respond to his ex-girlf

uh-huh
yes I''m listening
no, I do care

Wouldn''t be so hard IMO

University is a fountain of knowledge, and students go there to drink.
Indirectx, I am very close, I am using AIM, fyi, and I got the hwnd of the window, and I correctly changed its caption. Then when I used the spy++ finder, I tryed changing the caption of the textbox, and this failed, any clues?
My lines of code are currently:

HWND h=FindWindow("Ate32Class", "");
SetWindowText(h,"Hey Man!");

Sponge Factory
--Muzlack
--Muzlack

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement