OpenGL's Limited Clips Plane???

Started by
1 comment, last by TheBlackJester 22 years, 1 month ago
Hey, I was having a strange issue. I was rendering a skysphere, and it obviously had to be quite large. I set my far clip plane to 5000 to make sure it didn''t get cut off, but it did. Then i set it to 10000 and it still got cut off at the same place. Does OGL have a limited clip distance that I''m not aware of?? Thanx --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "With my feet upon the ground I move myeslf between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I''m reaching up and reaching out. I''m reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one''s been. We''ll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one''s been." - TOOL --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [TheBlackJester]

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been." - Maynard James Keenan Name: [email=darkswordtbj@hotmail.com]TheBlackJester[/email]Team: Wildfire Games
Projects O A.D.The Last Alliance

Advertisement
A sky sphere (or sky box) doesn''t need to be large. Just turn off depth writing while you''re drawing it (look up glDepthMask). Your actual question is not directly answerable, but the OpenGL standard doesn''t have any magic far plane (your implementation in your video drivers may, however; or it may be a mathematically imposed limit since the depth buffer is logarithmic).

Oh,Thanx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"With my feet upon the ground I move myeslf between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I''m reaching up and reaching out. I''m reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one''s been. We''ll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one''s been." - TOOL
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[TheBlackJester]

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been." - Maynard James Keenan Name: [email=darkswordtbj@hotmail.com]TheBlackJester[/email]Team: Wildfire Games
Projects O A.D.The Last Alliance

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement