music and pictures

Started by
5 comments, last by piccolo1104 22 years ago
I''ve only been taking Visual C++ in school for about a month and a half, so I''m a real newbie. The problem is, I get really far ahead of the class and get bored, so I try to work on this game. I think it would be a lot better if I could add in pictures and music. Can anyone give me some help on this? And what headers do I need at the top? Please be very specific, because I can get lost on what some of you think is a piece of cake... Thank you. The surest sign of intelligent life outside of Earth is that none of them has tried to contact us...
The surest sign of intelligent life outside of Earth is that none of them has tried to contact us...
Advertisement
Try looking at the DirectDraw tutorials on this website.
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
Well the easiest way to use media is via libraries such as game dev libs like Allegro and SDL. However if you are at school it may be hard to install these on the computers. You probably could use the installed windows GDI support. I don''t use them however there are many available sources online. DirectX SDK may or maynot be installed on the computers.

I''d suggest checking to see what supporting libraries are available. Then search for the API reguarding GDI functions and windows programming.
Huh? (Sorry if I''m annoying, but like I said, I''ve only been doing simple programming for about a month and a half.)

The surest sign of intelligent life outside of Earth is that none of them has tried to contact us...
quote:Original post by piccolo1104
The problem is, I get really far ahead of the class and get bored, so I try to work on this game. I think it would be a lot better if I could add in pictures and music.

Don''t.

quote:Original post by piccolo1104
Huh? (Sorry if I''m annoying, but like I said, I''ve only been doing simple programming for about a month and a half.)

If you''ve only been programming for "about a month and a half", then you shouldn''t be aiming to make a game, but trying to learn the language and the tenets of programming instead. Make a text game if you must.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
I already have a text game. I just want to add music and pictures to it.

learn the architecture of your target platform, for example, if windows then learn how windows works or how to program in windows,
http://www.dualforcesolutions.comProfessional website designs and development, customized business systems, etc.,

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement