Is my MSVC 6 broke

Started by
2 comments, last by cMADsc 22 years ago
Greetings all, I just noticed that my MSVC 6 is acting a little strange. At first it use to make a beep when u compiled and/or builded a file. Although, that is minor because I have used other pc that did not beep. Furthermore, that little pop-up window does not come up anymore when you use the dot operator, scope resolution operator, etc, and there is no programming errors. Any ides? Thanks in advance! Good thing I just got MSVC7, though. ----------------------------- "There are ones that say they can and there are those who actually do." "...u can not learn programming in a class, you have to learn it on your own." Edited by - cMADsc on March 23, 2002 8:36:11 PM
-----------------------------"There are ones that say they can and there are those who actually do.""...u can not learn programming in a class, you have to learn it on your own."
Advertisement
So what else is new?

Thank Microsoft

ICQ #: 149510932

Google - OpenGL - DirectX - Windows Guide Network - MSDN - Symantec Virus Info

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

delete all your project files ie. .ncb, .opt, and .plg files (but not the .dsw and the .dsp!) and the next time you start it up it will rebuild them and reparse through your files. I had this problem before and thats what fixed it.

edit: i have heard that visual studio .net doesn't have these problems. I also heard that it auto completes stl components (which for some reason i could never get to auto complete/list funcions under MSVC++6)

[edited by - xtrmntr on March 23, 2002 9:02:41 PM]
a number of things can cause these problems.

namespace pollution. that means you may have variables and functions in various files, in the same namespace. that causes your intellisince to act funny. put stuff in namespaces.

errors. you may have syntax errors somewhere, sometimes errors mess it up.

cleaning you files might also help. (menu>build>clean)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement