Storm opengl engine download!! Its a playable minigame too.

Started by
13 comments, last by Xanthen 22 years ago
Sorry for crossposting but I don't think many people will mind. "Storm" 3D Engine tech demo 1 has been released! Here's a taster of what the demo looks like: You can see some more screenshots and discover more at http://www.planetquake.com/tdk/new/ *** To download the file, go to the link above! It is a 3d fixed-view hack'n'slash adventure, which is still in alpha stages. This is essentially a tech demo, to show off how good it all looks. *** NOTE! You can change the video resolution in the "options.inf" file in the base directory. Just enter a normal resolution value! Please download it and tell us what you think! Edited by - Xanthen on March 24, 2002 11:41:19 AM
XanGame ProgrammerVolition Inc.
Advertisement
I mind

na realy looks good only problem is I couldn''t download the demo... kiled at 2.52mb...=)
The Great Milenko"Don't stick a pretzel up your ass, it might get stuck in there.""Computer Programming is findding the right wrench to hammer in the correct screw."
nice work.
looks great, but those damn troll/orc thingys take too long to die.

Was wondering if you could lend any advice on how to do texture transitions. Whether it be an explanation of how you did it, or if you know of any websites/tutorials about it.

Scott

------------------------------------------------------------
Email
Website

"If you try and don''t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."
------------------------------------------------------------
Isn''t it a Quake mod/TC?

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
No it is not a TC or Mod of any version of quake. Its just on planetquake because thats the only free webspace I have available.

The texture transitioning is not too unlike that of isometric engines. Look for information on how transitioning occurs in those and then apply it to 3d.

Thanks for the encouragement, need a boost some times after working on it for a long time.

Xan
For those who have tried it out. Do you think I have enough done to go to employers? Are there any particular areas I should work on before I do that?

quote:Original post by Xanthen
No it is not a TC or Mod of any version of quake. Its just on planetquake because thats the only free webspace I have available.

Ah, I see. It looks absolutely smashing! I might try it out and get you some feedback.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! | Asking Smart Questions ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
Im just starting to learn OpenGL (Final year computer Science course at uni), and I am constantly being amazed to see what people have come up with.

Storm is brill! The character animations are superb and I can see this becoming a really good game.

Well done and keep it up!
WOW. That is truly impressive, I only wish I could write OpenGL games like that. The graphics and the speed are incredible.

Keep it up!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement