MS VC++6.0 on Redhat

Started by
17 comments, last by penguin 22 years ago
SantaClaws: precisely.

[Edit: I hate misspelling others' handles as much as I hate them misspelling mine.]

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!

[edited by - Oluseyi on March 24, 2002 3:44:28 AM]
Advertisement
Cool, wanted to make sure I wasn''t misinformed.
I''m not very clued up on Linux, but I hear that Wine has hardware support for DirectX up to DX 5. Can anyone clarify this, as I''m way out of my depth here.
It''s called WineX and, like Wine itself, is not guaranteed to work with all applications. WineX is even less mature than Wine, and consequently more prone to failure.

For more information on Wine and its associated projects, check out WineHQ.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Just a question... why ???

If you''re developping for linux, you already have the tools natively available (g++, KDevelop...).

If you''re developping for windows, you''re much better off running windows, if only when you want to test your programs.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
even when you get it working, it''ll compile win32applications.
and to run them you need windows or an emulator..
stick with windows if you want vc..
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

I have no clue what Redhat is... ;.

I''''m a beginner in C++ ^_^
I''m a beginner in C++ ^_^
quote:Original post by Fireberg 2k
I have no clue what Redhat is... ;.

Redhat is a particular Linux distribution. There are several Debian, SuSe, Mandrake, etc... Redhat is one of the more popular distributions.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
quote:Original post by Fireberg 2k
I have no clue what Redhat is...

When you have no clue about something, search!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement