DirectShow video - any ideas?

Started by
1 comment, last by jat 22 years ago
Hi there, I am very new to Direct X and just downloaded the VB SDK, so apologies for my questions. I want to capture still images from a live video stream being transferred from a USB Webcam (DIVIO) device. I have two questions ( I think the first one is easy, but the second one isn''t!) 1. I am using an IMediaControl to that obtains the images, and an IVideoWindow to display the video stream. The stream always displays the DURATION (in milliseconds) that the stream has been live for _over the top_ of the video. Does anyone know how to turn this duration off? This overlay of the duration is not just in my project, but also occurs when using the default video renderer in the GraphEdit utility. 2. The Webcam has a button on it - which I need to use like a freeze button (i.e. to take a snapshot of the video stream). I was wondering how is it possible to interact with this button? - i.e. how can I manage (or even listen for) the button-press event. The device does not show up as a DirectInput, but the drivers and sample software that come with the device utilise the button. The closest thing I could find to an answer is with regard to the VideoControlFlags in the IAMVideoControl (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dshow/htm/videocontrolflagsenumeration.asp ), but I cannot find any examples of how this is supposed to be used to listen for the button event. Can anyone provide some suggestions/starting points? Thanks very much for your help
Advertisement
RTFM
ahem RTFMSDN
;-)
and it''s a linker error not a compiler error...

cheers
whoops...wrong topic...sorry

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement