Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBlackJester

Multiple textures on an ms3d model

Hey, I want to texture an ms3d model with more than one texture, In Milkshape, it works fine. My dilema is the way OpenGL handels textures. I can only bind one texture at a time, so how would I bind both of the textures to the model to have it display correctly? I''m thinking that the only way is to go low level and bind the texture 1 group at a time. Does anyone know how Milkshape does it?? Thanx a lot --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "With my feet upon the ground I move myeslf between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I''m reaching up and reaching out. I''m reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one''s been. We''ll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one''s been." - TOOL ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[TheBlackJester]

Are you talking about multi-texturing, or splitting the model skin into several textures?

[edited by - meZmo on March 24, 2002 10:19:52 AM]

splitting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"With my feet upon the ground I move myeslf between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I''m reaching up and reaching out. I''m reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one''s been. We''ll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one''s been." - TOOL
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[TheBlackJester]

Well,

Thanx for the reply''s (or lack thereof ) but I got it working. I put the textures into an array and looped through the groups, and the textures, and matched them up, binding each texture to each group

"With my feet upon the ground I move myeslf between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I''m reaching up and reaching out. I''m reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one''s been. We''ll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one''s been." - TOOL
[TheBlackJester]