• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How hard is it to get GameCube development kit, and what language is it in?

This topic is 5758 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I really need one. I also wouldn''t mind a GBA or GBC development kit, but I already know where I could get a GBA dev kit. Does anyone know where to find a GameCube development kit, though? One cannot do the impossible, for if one could, it would not be impossible. Yes, and move things out of loops!! //example for (int x = 0, x < 10, x++) { for (int y = 0, y < 10, y++) { z = x * 2 + y * 2 // * 2 can be moved out of the y loop } }

Advertisement
It's my understanding that you'll have to buy one. For somewhere around $20,000.00 and that's if Nintendo will let you buy one.

[edited by - Xanth on April 17, 2002 1:03:30 AM]

I also wouldn''t mind a GBA or GBC development kit also.
I also wouldn''t mind...
new pc
monney
gamecube
xbox
xbox+gamecube hybrid
xbox+gamecube+new pc hybrid
and all of the above, together.

[ my engine ][ my game ][ my email ]
SPAM

I''m highly doubting that you NEED one. Hell, you don''t even know what "language" it''s in. I suggest learning C++ before going irrational and buying $20,000 DevKits...wait...Nintendo won''t let you buy one anyway.

--SuperRoy
//#define IRONY -1

Nintendo developer site: http://www.warioworld.com

Though you won''t be allowed to buy a devkit unless you have a registered publisher to back your application and willing to bring your game to market.

They''ll also usually be interested in your company profile, what games you''ve worked on as a company, what games the key staff of the company have worked on in their careers, which publishers you''ve worked with, your financial structure etc.

If you don''t have a track record etc, you can forget developing commercial titles on consoles - prove yourself on an "open" system like the PC.

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

• Advertisement