3D fileformats

Started by
2 comments, last by Torquai 22 years ago
I am writing a ''small'' 3D game to learn the basics of 3D, the game is a 3rd person shoot''em up kinda game. And therefore I need to ask a few questions regarding what fileformats to use. Level: Are there any ok standards on maps or should I just find every detail I need and make my own? Objects: I need a format that can handle frames, so that it''s easy to make the character move at least a bit realistic, I have been trying to find the format of Milkshape3D (the .MS3D) since that would make it easy to make all the objects I need. So if anyone thinks that seems like a good idea then please post (mail) the code or an url, or to any other good format. Thanks in advance. Thomas Leggett tl@digitalteknikk.no
-Thomas LøvlieSemi-Pro Delphi Developer
Advertisement
Try Wotsits, they have alot of file formats.

Sorry if that didnt help, im kinda VERY busy!

[ my engine ][ my game ][ my email ]
SPAM
Rate me up.
quake2 models (md2) are easy to work with, there''s plenty of tutorials for them, there''s plenty availible to download, and they come with a fair bit of (easy to impliment) animation.
Yes I thought about the quake2 models, and since you recommend it as well I will look at it a bit more that I have.

Thanks

Thomas Leggett
tl@digitalteknikk.no
-Thomas LøvlieSemi-Pro Delphi Developer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement