tesselating mesh

Started by
4 comments, last by ATDguy 20 years, 6 months ago
hi i have look tru the samples from the sdk from the enhanced mesh..i saw them using tesselations.. can someone explain to me what is that ?
Advertisement
Better known as "N-patches" - take a look at the ATI developer site for many papers explaining the technique. Also some of the Meltdown 2001 slides will be of use.

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

i founnd a source for tesselation there..but i dun understand how does it enhance the mesh...the outcome seems to be something like
progressive mesh in the src i found
it "enhances" it by adding more polygons (tesselating) using the vertex normals as an indicator of desired surface curvature. (i.e. a mesh with a very polygonal silhouette will come out looking smooth)

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

yea..thankz
And how can I determine when I have reached the peak tesselation of my mesh? The enhanced mesh sample (from DX9) has no limit but as you increase the tesselation, the frame rate lowers.
Pedro RemediosPete Productions

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement