• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dx avatar

RHC to LHC ...

This topic is 5903 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everybody ... I''m new to this forum ... In fact, I''ve heard this forum was pretty good for DElphi Developpers ... So I came to see I''ve got a big problem ... In my FPS, I use .X objects ... My designer make those objects with Lightwave and I convert them with an Old version of 3Dexploration (now it''s called Deep Exploration) ... This version of 3Dexploration puts everyobject in Right Handed Coordinates ... And I would like to cenvert them in Left Handed Coordinates(for DirectX ...) But I don''t know how ... Can we operate a symettry on a Matrix? ... I ask this because all my textures are inverted ... So every text on my textures are inverted too ... I Apologize for my English but I''m young and French so ... Bye Avatar

Advertisement
I think the easiest way to convert the coordinates is to just switch the x and z coordinates. I''m pretty sure this does what you''re looking for.

No ... The problem with the textures can be fixed easily ... But that''s not what I''m searching for ...
The other problem is that my levels are ... HUGE so, if I have to change the coordinates by hand ... I''ll never finish my Game !!! ... But the problem will soon be fixed ... A friend of mine will download Deep Exploration for me ...(he''s got ADSL)

Anyway thanks a lot ...

This forum is not so bad

Bye

You don''t need to change the models by hand. You can make something to go through your model files and just switch the two coordinates. When I originally mentioned switching the two axis, I meant at load time. It would load at the regular speed but the models would be in the right coordinate system.

Or I should make a object converter ... Which would save new .x files ...
Yep ... But, what must I translate ... Only Vertex position, Tu and Tv ?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!