Is NeXe dead?

Started by
42 comments, last by Zaphos 20 years, 6 months ago
Oh yeah, of course I''ll help! I love the planning part of programming. Kinda a designer type of guy So I''d love to do the programming standards, since I''ve already done that for my project. And the tut standards too.

"No lies of sugar can sweeten the sournes of reality"

}+TITANIUM+{ A.K.A. DXnewbie[onMIRC]
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
Advertisement
Thanks for the support everyone. The group is still going (although it's slowed down now that the initial spurt of interest has passed). Anyone is more than welcome to help write tutorials, design more sections of the site, coordinate with the web-coder to help get the site going, or just offer some moral support and constructive critisism of the stuff we've got so far.

The Yahoo group is still the best (only?) place to go if you want to help.

Seriema, you're probably a bit too late to help us with the program and tutorial standards (sorry), as about 4 of the tutorials already have code, and 2 (or possibly more, I forget) also have tutorial text. However, it would be helpful if you (or anyone else) could look at the tutorials we've got so far and suggest ways to make them better. Also, I'm not sure that we have an official fixed standards document written (although we might have...) so if you/anyone would be prepared to write that, then we'd be grateful.

So, if anyone wants to help, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DirectDev

John B

EDIT :: sorry about the double link, but I really want to make sure that everyone knows that the yahoo group is the place to go

Oops, now there's a tripple link to the group.

[edited by - JohnBSmall on June 29, 2002 1:16:42 PM]
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.
Well, I assume this thing is still going, because the latest post in the yahoo newsgroup is dated Feb6 (only 9 days ago)

Once the site is up, I''d be happy to contribute some tutorials. I''m no DX-guru, but I have a lot of programming experience, and have been learning DirectX pretty fast lately, so wherever I''m needed, I can help (once the site''s up)

*bookmarks the newsgroup*
"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will have warmth for the rest of his life"
Anything still going?

.lick

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement