• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doctorsixstring

Windowed DD Wierdness

This topic is 5881 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m currently working on a windowed DirectDraw 5.0 application. I''m using Visual C++ 6.0 with the Win32 API. In order to vastly improve the framerate, I''m writing this program so that it only draws the screen when it needs to be drawn. I believe that that part of the code is working. However, I am experiencing an extremely strange bug - my program only runs through its main loop when the user moves the mouse within the window area or clicks a mouse or keyboard button. Within my message loop I test to see if the window is inactive/minimized. If it is, the program is "paused" and the main loop is skipped. I have put hours into this problem to no avail. Does anyone have any possible ides? Any idea at all, no matter how outlandish, is welcome. Thanks, Mike

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
GetMessage blocks until it gets a message (ie Mouse Move and such) while PeekMessage don''t. Check it out.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!