Current texture

Started by
2 comments, last by RobinMessage 22 years ago
does

D3DDevice->SetTextureStageState(0,D3DTSS_COLORARG2,D3DTA_CURRENT);

refer to what is already on the device? How can I multiply my texture with what is on the screen already? Robin
Advertisement
that is for multi-texturing, not blending to what''s on teh screen already. you have arg1 and arg2 which tell d3d how to blend the two textures.

so say you wanna color blend (not alpha blend) two texture together in single pass rendering..

neato.m_d3d.m_pDevice->SetTexture(0, first_texture);neato.m_d3d.m_pDevice->SetTexture(1, second_texture);Device->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_COLOROP,   D3DTOP_SELECTARG1 );Device->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_COLORARG1, D3DTA_TEXTURE );Device->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_ALPHAARG1, D3DTA_TEXTURE );Device->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_ALPHAOP,   D3DTOP_DISABLE );Device->SetTextureStageState( 1, D3DTSS_COLOROP,   D3DTOP_MODULATE );Device->SetTextureStageState( 1, D3DTSS_COLORARG1, D3DTA_TEXTURE );Device->SetTextureStageState( 1, D3DTSS_COLORARG2, D3DTA_CURRENT );Device->SetTextureStageState( 1, D3DTSS_ALPHAOP,   D3DTOP_DISABLE );    
just use blending, change the blend renderstate to use multiply (just look through the different blending modes). then draw your poly. dont forget to turn on blending.
Thanks guys, I''ve got it working now :D
Robin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement