A game I want - suggest me books

Started by
5 comments, last by Kasooi 22 years ago
So far... I''m beginning learning some C++ with C++: The Complete Reference and I have Windows Game Programming For Dummies. So I want it maybe as an isometric ground and 3D characters(EG: infantry) Is there also any books that tell you how to draw good? I suck at drawing.... Plz suggest me books!!!
Advertisement
A fairly new one, Isometric Programming in DirectX7.0 is pretty good. Eventually, you make an awesome game! (Source code included!)

----------------------
Always will be smarter
than you,
--=ME=--
----------------------
Wachar's Eternity <-<-<-<-<- Me own site!
Ya, I''ve been looking at that books reviews, it looks complicated(like most books lol)

But... hey... I''m sure I''ll get this C++ stuff soon

Any other book suggestions for 3D programming and for the graphics?
For OpenGL I would suggest NeHe''s tutorials or "OpenGL Game Programming" - book.
well...
I was sort of planning on multiplayer game though....
I think you are jumping way too quickly. I would learn a pretty good bit of C++ before going into game programming. 3D programming? I''d learn at least the basics of 2D programming and play around with that for a while! I''d create a few simple games before going into 3D characters and ISO-tiled games. Multiplayer? Hah, it''s okay to have high expectations, but it is simply TOO much.

My C++ book, C++ Primer Plus by Stephen Prama, is great Covers pretty much everything you can think of. Game programming books, I have fewer of. I have the same Windows Game Programming book you have, Teach Yourself Game Programming in 21 Days (OLD book, 1994, but the concepts still apply), and that''s about it. I have an old DirectDraw book, but it''s worthless. The two game programming books have pretty much all the basic game concepts in them, so it''s not too bad. The rest, I''ve learned on the net. This website is a really big help! Oh, and having good math skills never hurt Something I don''t have, lol.
"I am governed by none other than the Laws of the Universe."
Prama?

-It''s all in the blood...
-It's all in the blood...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement