• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

emkay

problem wit opengl program

This topic is 6003 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

my picture image window will not show, the window will pop up and disappear immidately. [edited by - Emkay on April 18, 2002 7:45:49 AM]

Advertisement
1. You might consider giving your post a more specific title. "I need help" gives absolutely zero information. Would you be posting here if you didn''t need help?

2. How are we supposed to know what''s wrong with your project? As far as I know, most people here don''t possess telepathic abilities.

3. Read this:

http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

then come back and ask a smart question.

Ok, I see you fixed some of your mistakes.

You should have posted a reply instead of editing your message. This way people can see that you updated the information when they look at the reply count for your thread. It will also move your thread to the top of the list.

Your question is still very vague. Since this is the NeHe forum, I assume that you are modifying one of his tutorials. If this is the case, tell us what tutorial that is, what changes you made, what programming language you use, etc. Imagine that you asked a friend this question instead of posting here. What would he say? He will probably ask for additional information. So post all details that you know of that have something to do with your problem.

"my picture image window will not show, the window will pop up and disappear immidately."

If you only have one window in your program, then you are contradicting yourself. Is the window ever visible? What do you mean by "picture image window"? [Sounds like VB, and I''m not an expert in that area.] If you have more than one window, you have to say this.

Keep in mind that people here have no idea what your program looks like, even remotely, until you tell us about it. Try to give as much specific information as you can. Also, try to localize the problem so that instead of saying "my program doesn''t work" you say "these five lines of code don''t do what I think they should do." Look at the posts that other people make and learn from them. Good luck with your future posts.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!