My distribution policy - to be hopefully imitated.

Started by
24 comments, last by Jester101 21 years, 11 months ago
What''s so bad about Tucows? At their ARC (Author Resource Center) section they require that "Shareware or commercial applications should have an evaluation period of seven or more days". Can''t find anything that says 30 days unlimited.
Karl - Blueskied Games | my german site: Gratis Spiele
Advertisement
Oh. Then they reduced it to 7 days. Anyway I don''t give an unrestricted copy out.

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

Jester,

Why do most of your customers comes from the USA?
And you never have to work for two months work

I guess most of my customers come from USA, because in other countries there seem to be no well-visited download sites.

And yes: I don''t regret the two months work.

Indeed it looks like I need to shut down the site and quit business for the rest of the year due to tax reasons.

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

>Indeed it looks like I need to shut down the site and quit >business for the rest of the year due to tax reasons.

What are the tax problems about?
Jester,

You hit on something there. A web site / service for indie developers to market their stuff. The GOD games of indieware.

Hell, I''d even throw my hat into the ring to help out part-time since it will help me, and I bet there''s a decent supply of other people willing to help out on something that will help them.

What I''m envisioning is a site dedicated to the business aspects of indieware, not the developement (like here). Possibly create connections with publishers, etc. Automate banner exchanges, submission to the shareware collection sites, etc. Kind of create a network of developers helping developers.

Anyways, just a thought.

He''s a bad motha - Shut yo mouth.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement