• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zwdavid

How to make a hierarchy in 3DS max?

This topic is 5964 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''d like to make a hierarchy between two objects; for instance, one is the parent, and the other is the child. How can I achieve this in 3DS max? Thanks. -Dave

Advertisement
there are a button in the toolbar what made this.

If you push the button, then it show a new windows. The windows is self-explained.

-----------------------------------------------

"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"

If you still have difficulty with it, try the help menu Index function. You should be able to just type in, "Hierarchy" and it''ll come up with some great instructions on how to do it. One thing I really liked about 3d Max is how much it explains itself. I''d tell you how to do it myself, but I can''t recall off hand and I don''t feel like trying to do it at the moment, sorry!

Charles Galyon

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!