• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

constructors, destructors and things that end with ".h"..

This topic is 5759 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

what are and how do they work along with... my instructer uses this to make a lower case = capital you know enter y for yes(y=Y have the same value) but he does some crazy stuff to do it. and this is not explained in my book...

Advertisement
Sorry, I don''t really understand the question. What does your instructer does and what book?

A .h file includes the prototypes of the functions or the class definitions. This is so your code wont be a mess as the main codes and prototypes, definitions are not together.

Constructors is the method that is executed automatically when a class is created. Good for initialising class members to default values.

Destructors is the method that is executed automatically when a class is deleted or destroyed. Good for deleted members that have been created on the fly.

Are you sure your book doesn''t have anything on it? I find that highly unlikely. If the book is on C++ and doesn''t have any mention of constructors and destructors, or even header files, then I''d say you need to find a new book.

My book calls them ''deconstructors''. Is that bad??

---signature---
People get ready.
I''m ready to play.

Hehehe...I know. Just thought that was funny. It''s some C++ Quick Start book and I don''t even read it anymore. Hehe.

---signature---
People get ready.
I''m ready to play.

• Advertisement