• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graphics Library

This topic is 5758 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I´m a little confused regarding to what graphicslibrary to use for 2D games. I´ve been trying out Allegro for a while and I really appreciate it´s simplicity. But, it does seem to be a bit buggy and inconsistent between diffrent plattforms. Therefore I decided to give SDL a chanse. Everything seemed to to work fine(stable, plattform independent etc) except for the speed. Blitting surfaces on screen just doesn´t seem to be fast enough. For example I made small program in both Java and SDL and found out that java actually draws images on screen faster. So my question is: Is it possible to create high speed actiongames in SDL or is there a better altenative?

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by joelbjornson
So my question is: Is it possible to create high speed actiongames in SDL or is there a better altenative?

Yes, it''s very possible. You either set it up incorrectly or are using SDL incorrectly in some other way.

Why don''t you try the link to n a n on the fron page in news? Haven''t tried it yet, but it looks good...

• Advertisement