• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeta77

newbie dx troubles

This topic is 6086 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello. I have recently begun work on my first DX application based off of the MSVC app-wizard. As of now, I have a 256x256 patch of terrain which is rendered with an index buffer. The terrain is split into subpatches each of which has its own index buffer. The rendering code then uses some simple frustum culling to determine what to draw. The problem is that although the program runs flawless on my computer, one of my friends gets an empty (the blue w/fps) window whereas on another friend''s computer, the app crashes after rendering once (the same blue w/fps). All of the cards have enough index buffer space according to the D3DCaps structure. Would anyone have any ideas where I could at least look in my code? Thanks for any help. My computers specs:XP,Pentium 4 1.4ghz,256mb rdram, ati radeom 23mb My friend''s specs(the one which crashed):XP,Thunderbird 1.22ghz, 256 megs sdram, TNT2 32 mesg

Advertisement
If your friends have a debugger installed (any one will do), ask them to install debug DX runtime and see if it complains about anything. If not, use a log file and record initialization progress along with all errors in it (so-and-so created, so-and-so loaded, this call failed with hresult=%08x).

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!