• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sethiroth

game engine???

This topic is 6055 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey all, i was wondering if you guys know of any sites that can show me how to go about starting a game engine, i have experience in c/c++ and a little with directx, but i wanna start making a game engine(only something very small) and learn a bit more DX stuff as i go. i''ve searched around on google but cant find anything but books, and if i can i wanna avoid buying a book for now, but probably will later on. thanks any help would be great

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by sethiroth
hey all, i was wondering if you guys know of any sites that can show me how to go about starting a game engine, i have experience in c/c++ and a little with directx, but i wanna start making a game engine(only something very small) and learn a bit more DX stuff as i go. i''ve searched around on google but cant find anything but books, and if i can i wanna avoid buying a book for now, but probably will later on. thanks any help would be great

www.gamedev.net...wait a sec, you already found this site...

Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters
- Metallica

try surfing around.
www.gamedev.net
www.flipcode.com

i managed to build a fps without even spending a single dollar.
all i did was search stuff from the net and study on my own.

my advise is check out the gamedev resources. Its quite comprehensive..

{ Stating the obvious never helped any situation !! }

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!