HTML Editor?

Started by
8 comments, last by bose 22 years ago
Hi! I need to know how to create (or at least where to start looking for) an object that can be used as a basic WIYSIYWIYSIYG (yeah, I can''t remember) HTML editor. I looked all over the MSDN library and all iI could find were HTML viewers =( Help!
Advertisement
Go to the following place, C|NET Download, and do a search on "WYSIWYG html".

Also, the WYSIWYG stands for "What You See Is What You Get".

------

Check a Reseller's Rating Before You Purchase!

[edited by - aNonamuss on April 19, 2002 2:55:30 AM]
------Shop for the Lowest Price!Then, Check a Reseller's Rating Before You Purchase!
Thanks

Although what I am really looking for is not a WYSIWYG Editor application, but an object or set of functions to use in creating one

Please let me know if you have any information on something like this.
Using Java it is fairly easy to create a basic WYSIWYG HTML editor. In fact, I think I saw a SourceForge project for it the other day... here it is. I know there used to be sources up on the CVS, but I''m not seeing it now. Maybe by the time you look it''ll be back up there *scratches his head*.

Since you''re looking through MSDN, I''m guessing you aren''t looking for a Java sort of thing, though. Can''t think of any links for any C++ sources for that off the top of my head.

-pirate_dau
Not too into Java
Working with MFC, and I just can''t seem to understand how all those WYSIWYG editors were built, there has to be some kind of object I can use... anyone??
Use the DHTML Edit control.

Look under your system folder for ASCTRLS.OCX
~"What''s this red button do?"
If you already know HTML, then you could use Visual Basic to build such an object. That''s what the language is for, after all. I can assure you, MSDN will have far more information on creating objects in VB than it will on making a WYSIWYG HTML editor.

GDNet+. It's only $5 a month. You know you want it.

Psyberia:

I found that control, but it said that it wasn''t correctly registered and said something about updating it in a component library, know anything about that?

I am also looking into the activex control called "DHTML Editor for IE5", but then again I am really not sure how to use an activex control!

Can anyone give me a reference on how to use activex controls in VC6?

Thanks!
Rich Edit View, if yer using MFC
daerid@gmail.com
I don''t think CRichEditView produces HTML, does it? I need to be able to get HTML from the document created.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement