• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexDump

is there any symbol in vc++ defined when using precompiled headers?

This topic is 5961 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I use precompiled headers in some projects and in others I don´t. Is there any simbol defined when precompiled hearders are defined?. Thanks in advance. HexDump.

Advertisement
What do you mean by simbols?

Precompiled headers are common fixed headers that are precompiled in order to speed up compilation. You are not obliged to use them in any compilation unit (.cpp file)

He/She is probably asking whether any particular preprocessor macro is defined when PCHs are used, similarly to how _DEBUG is defined in a debug build, etc.

AFAIK there isn''t, though I''m not at all certain. You could look at the PCH info at msdn, perhaps they have the information you need. In any case you can always define a preprocessor macro yourself when using PCHs (in the Makefile or project build settings, whatever you''re using).

Yes, this is what I was asking for... Ok, I think I will go for defining my own label when using PCH.

Thanx mates.

HexDump.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!