• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crispy

Framerate - is this OK?

This topic is 6029 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i was wondering if someone could take a minute and check out this great site here and more precisely download/run this LOD demo here or get the source code for it here and edit it a little to show the framerate. since i''m currently unable to upload my project anywhere, i can''t give out the executable built on this example. i would, however, appreciate if someone took the time and replied their fps along with their system stats . if no one has the time for messing around that much, then i''d like to know what a decent fps would be on a 256x256 textured height field with lod level set to 64 (key ''4'' in the abovementioned demo) and no frustum culling. i''m getting 45-55 on my AthlonXP 1600/RIVA TNT 2 Ultra gpu with the majority of time spent on drawing the quadtree (fps = 500-600 without rendering the height field). now what i''m not sure of is whether it is the code that is unoptimized/no good or is it my gpu which, indeed, is quite slow... crispy

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!