• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ned

Good C book for learning

This topic is 5933 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I was wondering what is a good C book for learning. I already got, K&R (The C programming langiage: second edition), C for dummies Vol 1 & 2, and SAMS Teach yourself C++ in 5 days. And yes, I want to learn C, not C++. So, wich book would be the best eh? Should I buy another one eh? eh? ------- ~Ned Ryan

Advertisement
It seems like you''ve got a pretty good start. WHy don''t you just read the ones you have. I learned C programming for the K&R book. Even though it gets a little dull it still has some good info.

I know what you mean about the K&R book not being good for beginners. The material in the text itself is not too bad, but the exercises are awfully hard. To get a good idea of how hard the exercises are, check out (so everyone on this site doesn't tell me that the exercises are easy and that I have not worked hard enough at them):

http://www.maththinking.com/boat/computerbooks.html

Notice that only 79 of them have been solved.

By the way, does anyone know about a good book that teaches you C from the ground up.

[edited by - rhino2876 on April 20, 2002 7:55:01 AM]

I know what you mean about the K&R book not being good for beginners. The material in the text itself is not too bad, but the exercises are awfully hard. To get a good idea of how hard the exercises are, check out (so everyone on this site doesn't tell me that the exercises are easy and that I have not worked hard enough at them):

By the way, does anyone know about a good book that teaches you C from the ground up as if you never programmed before in your whole life.

[edited by - rhino2876 on April 20, 2002 7:56:18 AM]

I know what you mean about the K&R book not being good for beginners. The material in the text itself is not too bad, but the exercises are awfully hard. To get a good idea of how hard the exercises are, check out (so everyone on this site doesn''t tell me that the exercises are easy and that I have not worked hard enough at them):

By the way, does anyone know about a good book that teaches you C from the ground up as if you never programmed before in your whole life with lots of exercises.

rhino2876 u can remove them. Click on the "edit" icon and remove ur message!

[edited by - remi on April 20, 2002 7:51:39 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!