• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

okouya

movement

This topic is 6025 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

yes i got a problem with the velocity vector of my camera when i make a rotation i use this code to give another orientation to to my velocity: velocity.z:=(sin(dir)*velocity.x+cos(dir)*velocity.z); velocity.x:=(cos(dir)*velocity.x-sin(dir)*velocity.z); have to knox that i''m doing a tomraider like view: so my player is always in front of me. the problem is that when i turn a lot this velocity vector tend to 0. and i don''t anderstands why. at the end i can''t not move again. all is here Tcamera = class position:Tvector; velocity:Tvector; view:Tvector; upvector:Tvector; rayon:glfloat; constructor Create; procedure positioncamera(posx:glfloat;posy:glfloat;posz:glfloat;viewx:glfloat; viewy:glfloat;viewz:glfloat;upx:glfloat;upy:glfloat;upz:glfloat); procedure mov(speed:glfloat); procedure rotate(dir:glfloat); procedure rotatearound(joueur:Tvector;dir:glfloat); end; implementation constructor Tcamera.Create; begin inherited Create; with position do begin x:=0; y:=0; z:=0; end; with view do begin x:=0; y:=1.0; z:=0.5; end; with upvector do begin x:=0; y:=1; z:=0; end; rayon:=5; with velocity do begin x:=0; y:=0; z:=-2; end; end; procedure Tcamera.positioncamera(posx:glfloat;posy:glfloat;posz:glfloat;viewx:glfloat; viewy:glfloat;viewz:glfloat;upx:glfloat;upy:glfloat;upz:glfloat); begin with position do begin x:=posx; y:=posy; z:=posz; end; with view do begin x:=viewx; y:=viewy; z:=viewz; end; with upvector do begin x:=upx; y:=upy; z:=upz; end; end; procedure Tcamera.mov(speed:glfloat); begin position.x:=position.x+velocity.x*speed; position.z:=position.z+velocity.z*speed; view.x:=view.x+velocity.x*speed; view.z:=view.z+velocity.z*speed; end; procedure Tcamera.rotatearound(joueur:Tvector;dir:glfloat); var aux:Tvector; begin with aux do begin x:=position.x-joueur.x; z:=position.z-joueur.z; end; position.z:=(joueur.z+sin(dir)*aux.x+cos(dir)*aux.z); position.x:=(joueur.x+cos(dir)*aux.x-sin(dir)*aux.z); velocity.z:=(sin(dir)*velocity.x+cos(dir)*velocity.z); velocity.x:=(cos(dir)*velocity.x-sin(dir)*velocity.z); velocity.y:=velocity.y; end; procedure Tcamera.rotate(dir:glfloat); var aux:Tvector; begin with aux do begin x:=view.x-position.x; y:=view.y-position.y; z:=view.z-position.z; end; view.z:=(position.z+sin(dir)*aux.x+cos(dir)*aux.z); view.x:=(position.x+cos(dir)*aux.x-sin(dir)*aux.z); velocity.z:=(sin(dir)*velocity.x)+(cos(dir)*velocity.z); velocity.x:=(cos(dir)*velocity.x)-(sin(dir)*velocity.z); end; end. so if you have another solution for rotation give it to me the thing is that i want to have my velocity vector oriented in the good direction after doing a rotation. please if someone can give me an exemple of code it would illustrate waht you say more love and peace

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!