Project managment

Started by
2 comments, last by Themonkster 21 years, 11 months ago
Hi there. I am currently developing a Game project mangament soultion. It''s for Indies teams as well as mod teams I am aiming at suppling something simular to other high cost project manament tools out there. Currently it''s just in database form but in full use for my Indie team development. It has team management areas as well as work manament, a Bug tracking system and a resources manager. Before I write a package around and release it in beta form to the world, I was wondering what other areas in project management would people say need to be added to this? I have a couple of more things lined up like CVS but really like some feed back. Thanks for you time.
Advertisement
I''m interrested.

Maybe decision, just a way to lay (write) idea and pro or con from any thing (like culling algorithm), so you don''t loose anything.

Jester, studient programmer
The Jester Home in French
I would love some form of sub-project management. i.e. how tasks break down, what are the milestones, deadlines, who''s doing what. A way to keep the team focused. The can see what they are doing, the agree to a deadline, then try to meet it. And they can see how things fit together, and if they miss their deadline, they can see how that will push back other aspects, etc.

I intend to learn MS project for this, but haven''t gotten around to it yet. School is taking up all my time right now, but MS project is near the top of my list when the semester ends.

Anyways, just my 2 cents.
He''s a bad motha - Shut yo mouth.
I would say you need to be able to run best of breed products as plugins to your application. You might provide your own plugins so they can do everything they have to be able to do, but when it comes to full featured you get it from pluging in the commercial applications. If they can''t afford MS Project then you give them the capability to get by without it, but if they can afford it then you leverage that investment for them. When push comes to shove you are not in competition with MS Project. It isn''t one or the other, but rather using yours to get more out of theirs. If you start with the functionality that is in MS Project then it is a whole lot easier to beat out MS Project than if you start with no functionality. You don''t care if they buy MS Project, you just care if they buy your product. You don''t want that they are using MS Project to be a reason to not use your product. If possible you want it to be just that much more of a reason to use your product as well. Using your product in combination with MS Project is a whole lot better than just MS Project by itself. Since it is a plugin you start with all the functionality of MS Project and you are just adding on top of it.
Keys to success: Ability, ambition and opportunity.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement