• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sorry, Another Question fabout Jim Adam's book

This topic is 5846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello Mr. Adams, First I want to say it is great of you to answer these questions about your book (even if you do not answer this one). My question is about your skin animation implementation. Is there any particular reason you did not do interpolation of Matrix keys (skin mesh type 4)? The reason I ask is not because I think you are lazy or do not know, I am just curious if you know of why lerping between set matrices might/is be a bad thing. The skinned mesh example that came with the SDK did not do this either, but I believe it was you that answered one of my earlier posts showing that using the D3DXMatrix wrapper, it provided an easy way to calculate an intermediate matrix between two given matrices and a time ( 0 - 1). If anyone else knows, I am curious to hear any oppinions/facts. Thanks!

Advertisement
From the FAQ:
  • The forums are not to be meant as a personal messenger service. If you want to direct a post to an individual, use e-mail instead.

Thread closed.

[Edit: bulleted list item.]

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ ]
[ MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Boost ]
[ Google! | Asking Smart Questions | Jargon File ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!

[edited by - Oluseyi on April 20, 2002 11:06:00 AM]

This topic is 5846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.