Best book for Visual C++ game programming...

Started by
5 comments, last by id Nut 21 years, 12 months ago
What is the best book for intermediate Visual C++ programmers for games? "I don''''t watch TV. I don''''t do sports." -John Romero The Lord disciplines those who he loves.
--------------------------Tried to save myself but myself keeps slipping away.Nothing's essential.
Advertisement
The C++ Programming Language by Bjarne Stroustrup.

---
John Hattan
The Code Zone
Sweet software for a saturnine world

(my byline from the Gamedev Collection series, which I co-edited) John Hattan has been working steadily in the casual game-space since the TRS-80 days and professionally since 1990. After seeing his small-format games turned down for what turned out to be Tandy's last PC release, he took them independent, eventually releasing them as several discount game-packs through a couple of publishers. The packs are actually still available on store-shelves, although you'll need a keen eye to find them nowadays. He continues to work in the casual game-space as an independent developer, largely working on games in Flash for his website, The Code Zone (www.thecodezone.com). His current scheme is to distribute his games virally on various web-portals and widget platforms. In addition, John writes weekly product reviews and blogs (over ten years old) for www.gamedev.net from his home office where he lives with his wife and daughter in their home in the woods near Lake Grapevine in Texas.

And the C++ ANSI Standard
Forever trusting who we areAnd nothing else matters - Metallica
Windows gameprogramming for dummies is pretty good
----------------------------
When hell freezes over it will be a pretty cool place to snowboard
i would sais that it should be making role playing game for directx it classed beginner/intermediare and that is really real im my self am a beginner and understande all the topic from this book soo my rate is 10 on 10

Kevin
Kevin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement