VS.NET, DirectX, and Gurus

Started by
1 comment, last by Vaevictis666 21 years, 11 months ago
So I picked up Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus, and am working through it with Visual Studio .NET. I grabbed the DX 8.1 SDK from microsoft, installed it, and while I can compile the samples that came with directx, I still can''t get the chapter 1 sample (freakout) to compile - It gives me an unexpected end of file while expecting a #-statement I think... Don''t have the error code on me, it''s on my net-less comp... Anyone know if the method specified in the book (adding the directx .lib files to the project) is different under VS.NET? The DirectX samples are including the .h and .cpp files instead, so I''m not sure... - Vaevictis
Advertisement
Check that the paths for your include files and libraries are setup for the DirectX SDK. Also make sure you''ve linked the correct libraries for what you''re using. From there it should work just fine assuming the code in the book is correct (I''ve heard of many DirectX books having errors in their samples)
Heh... The problem was due to a lack of having a precompiled header file - I''m just making a new project now and adding the logic code that way. And hey, it actually works now

Not that I know _where_ in the stdafx.c/.h files it makes or specifies the .pch file, but hey at least it''s making it now lol

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement