Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gammastrahler

Installing the MS Platform SDK

Gammastrahler    150
hi, i have downloaded the Microsoft Platform SDK (approx. 250 MB, when installed over 500 MB). there is a problem: the installer installed the complete directory in a seperate directory, not placed the files correctly in my MSVC++ 6.0 directory. now i have to move the files manually, which is a lot of work since there are trillions of directorys... is there another way to do it? thanks gammastrahler

Shannon Barber    1681
Typically you leave the Platform SDK in a seperate place and add additional entries to the include and lib settings.
Tools->Options->Directories on VC6

And make sure the entries for the platform SDK are above the defaults ones.

_johan    122
This might be a dumb question but I thought the the documentation was supposed to open when you press F1 in msvc? Well for me, it doesnt...

mutex    1111
VC++ opens the MSDN documentation that comes with it when you press F1. I am not aware of any way to have it open the Platform SDK documentation with F1.

Oluseyi    2112
_johan: You can change that, but it''s quite tedious and error-prone. I wish the PSDK installer would have an MSDN integration/replacement option.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ ]
[ MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Boost ]
[ Google! | Asking Smart Questions | Jargon File ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!

Dactylos    122
quote:
Original post by _johan
This might be a dumb question but I thought the the documentation was supposed to open when you press F1 in msvc? Well for me, it doesnt...

Did you install the documentation?

On another note: You should really start your own topic when your question has nothing to do with the original posters question.

Edit: Ok, I assumed you meant that you didn't get any documentation at all when you pressed F1 (i.e. not even the MSVC docs), though I realise now that you were probably refering to the PSDK docs... in any case, just ignore me if my assumption was incorrect .

[edited by - Dactylos on April 29, 2002 7:29:22 PM]