• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sand_Hawk

Template Tutorials

This topic is 5901 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was just about to look into the STL provided by SGI. They told me that I was supposed to have knowledge about templates. I''m at work where I cannot do anything because my "boss" isn''t here. I have a book wich includes stuff about the STL/Templates but not here(Only VB programming books over here). Where can I find a nice tutorial about making/using templates? Sand Hawk ---------------- -Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.

Advertisement
ive started to write a tutorial on templates...but its only the basics...i havent had time to finish it up. http://adrian.planetcpp.com/index.php?x=templates

I was more looking to some beginning tutorials wich explains me the basics and goes into it more deeply when I know the basics. I don''t wanna start of with some advanced stuff immediatly.

Sand Hawk

----------------
-Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.

I know this is not helpful right now, but Nico Josuttis is supposed to be working on a beginner-intermediate C++ templates book. I think it''s due out later this year or early next year. Seems set to fill a gap in the marketplace.

[C++ FAQ Lite | ACCU | Boost | Python]

quote:
Original post by Sand_Hawk
I was more looking to some beginning tutorials wich explains me the basics and goes into it more deeply when I know the basics. I don't wanna start of with some advanced stuff immediatly.

Ah, the templates-chapter in The C++ annotations might be a bit more useful then.

[edited by - kvh on April 29, 2002 9:51:32 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!