Template Tutorials

Started by
4 comments, last by Sand_Hawk 21 years, 11 months ago
I was just about to look into the STL provided by SGI. They told me that I was supposed to have knowledge about templates. I''m at work where I cannot do anything because my "boss" isn''t here. I have a book wich includes stuff about the STL/Templates but not here(Only VB programming books over here). Where can I find a nice tutorial about making/using templates? Sand Hawk ---------------- -Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.
----------------(Inspired by Pouya)
Advertisement
ive started to write a tutorial on templates...but its only the basics...i havent had time to finish it up. http://adrian.planetcpp.com/index.php?x=templates
Here are some more advanced articles:

Policy-Based Class Design (PDF)
Traits: a new and useful template technique
The C++ Experts forum at the C++ Users Journal website (look for the ''Generic<Programming>'' column)
I was more looking to some beginning tutorials wich explains me the basics and goes into it more deeply when I know the basics. I don''t wanna start of with some advanced stuff immediatly.

Sand Hawk

----------------
-Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.
----------------(Inspired by Pouya)
I know this is not helpful right now, but Nico Josuttis is supposed to be working on a beginner-intermediate C++ templates book. I think it''s due out later this year or early next year. Seems set to fill a gap in the marketplace.

[C++ FAQ Lite | ACCU | Boost | Python]
quote:Original post by Sand_Hawk
I was more looking to some beginning tutorials wich explains me the basics and goes into it more deeply when I know the basics. I don't wanna start of with some advanced stuff immediatly.

Ah, the templates-chapter in The C++ annotations might be a bit more useful then.

[edited by - kvh on April 29, 2002 9:51:32 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement