• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leviathan569

Problems with DirectInput... Again!

This topic is 5895 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay, here I am again with another DirectInput problem. This should be the easiest part of DirectX but it already caused me more headaches than any other part. Okay, here we go. I finally succeeded in initialising DirectInput and creating a keyboard device. But when I try to set the data format, I get this linker error : [Linker Error] Unresolved external ''_c_dfDIKeyboard'' referenced from C:\...\DIRECTINPUT.OBJ This is the code that causes the problem : if (Keyboard->SetDataFormat(&c_dfDIKeyboard) != DI_OK) return false; The most obvious cause of this problem would be that I forgot to link in a library. I linked dinput.lib and dxguid.lib, like my DirectX manual said. Nothing, still the same problem. I checked out a lot of tutorials and I don''t seem to do anything wrong. Is it possible that it doesn''t work because I use Borland C++ Builder? Every manual and tutorial assumes you use Visual C++. If anybody has working BCB code I would like to see it. ------------------------ leviathan569@hotmail.com ------------------------

Advertisement
Now this probably isnt the problem but just in case ill tell you. I had errors similar to this when i was doing my direct input class. the header for my direct input class was the same filename as the direct x header file (i.e. dinput.h). Yes i know it was stupid but it never ocurred to me that they were the same and it took me a few hours to realise what the problem was. The reason I suggest this might be the case was because your reasoning is the same as mine was (ive included everything that I need to why isnt it working?).

Like i say its not likely this is the problem (i doubt you are as dopey as i lol) but just in case...

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!