• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cycling through the controls

This topic is 5775 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to know how to cycle through the controls using tab !! i''ve tried everything , WS_TABSTOP (for the controls) , WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT (for the controls parent) , WS_GROUP (for the parent) and nothin'' worked , should i do it manually with SetFocus!! what is the proper way to do it ? i''m programming in Win32(NO MFC) with VC++ 6.0 , on XP oh btw , i remembered something , does AnimateWindow() operate on windows XP?? thanks for your help ... ...Xeee

Advertisement
Given that you have N controls with values arranged such that base_number + ( random_number % N ) yields one of the controls' id:

// subclass control with this procedure:
LRESULT CALLBACK SubclassProc( HWND hwnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wparam, LPARAM lparam )
{
if( msg == WM_CHAR && wparam == VK_TAB )
{
SetFocus( GetDlgItem( GetParent(hwnd),
base_number + ( (GetWindowLong(GWL_ID) + 1) % N ) );
}
return 0;

return CallWindowProc( DefaultProc, hwnd, msg, wparam, lparam );
}

[Edit: Left out base_number.]

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ ]
[ MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Boost ]
[ Google! | Asking Smart Questions | Jargon File ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!

[edited by - Oluseyi on April 29, 2002 6:04:08 PM]

isn''t there another way , i thought that it can b done automatically , if there isn''t another way , what are WS_TABSTOP and WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT flags for?
i understand your way of doing it , but i just want to know if there''s another way , and y not use it

...Xeee

• Advertisement