Weird VC 6.0 problems

Started by
2 comments, last by yanuart 21 years, 11 months ago
I have two . files cpp/h from another project that I added to my current project.. the problem is when I compile the project, those files gives error message. It seems that the compiler doesn''t recognize NULL, HRESULT, etc ??? but the weird thing is only for those new files that I''ve just added, other files (in the same project) who have been using the same syntax, compiled just fine.. This is really bugging me, I''ve been experiencing some common difficulties using VC but never like this.. and I''ve done this before but never had any these problems.. Can somebody help me pleaseee..
Ride the thrill of your life
Play Motorama
Advertisement
Close your project and try deleting the .ncb file in your project/workspace directory.

It''ll rebuild itself. (or just rename it to .bak or something) then reopen. I''ll be watching. let moe know if that works for you.

I had the prob where the drop down dialogs for member classes woouldn''t work. Deleted the ncb file and viola!

- Advice, eh? Well, besides working on your swing...you know, besides that...I'd have to think.
The problem is solved by including stdafx in the header files.. which is quite weird because I don''t have to do it in other files ??
somebody know why ??

ps : thx for the tip though.. but it didn''t work
Ride the thrill of your life
Play Motorama
You shouldn''t include stdafx.h in a header, only in source files (and it should be the first file included).

The things you mentioned are defined/declared in the windows.h header file, so you could include that in your header. You could also include your header in stdafx.h (after the line that includes windows.h).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement