• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Little Dialogue

This topic is 5777 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is a small snippet of dialogue from a game I plotted out and wrote a little book. "No, don''t go *name* you know that facing him will only bring you shame. Why go to jail for something as trivial as this?" "*girls name* you just don''t undersand it, when he disgraced my father like that something happened that I have never felt before. It''s almost like all the *name of magic* inside me was focusing on creating something so powerfull it would make him suffer for all eternity." "I know, I understand exactly what happened to you and to your family. Scars from his actions will be displayed through-out your family name for many decades. Still, this is not the time to get revenge. Please *guys name* I do not want death, not today, not to the people whom I love and know so well." Ahhh thats all I am going to show lol

Advertisement
Well, the scene lacks context, so I can''t really comment on the cheeze factor of it. However, I can recommend expanding your vocabulary a bit. Perhaps investing in one of those kits that contains a couple of cassette tapes that you can listen to while you drive to work everyday would help. The reason for an expanding your vocabulary is to articulate your ideas a bit. Granted that the audience might not use the same words, but knowing a wide range of alternative words can help prevent the dialouge cheezing out after a couple of pages of text.

Plus, the extra words help convince the publisher that you''re worth the risk, so its an added bonus.

-> Will Bubel
-> Machine wash cold, tumble dry.

• Advertisement