Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stryx

Screenshot ?

stryx    122
Hi, I want to implement a screenshot feature in my engine. How can I make an Screenshot and write it to an file ? Thanks , stryx

Maximus    124
Retrieve the image data using glReadPixels, and write it using fopen/fwrite/fclose. Youll need to format the data into a standard image format though.

-----------------------
"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else''s drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
there is an example of doing a screenshot in the terrain engine programm of the nehe game tutorial. you can download it and see the source, if you cant find it i will post the source...

kenwi    122
I think I saw about a exact post like this a couple of days ago.. =)

Kenneth Wilhelmsen
Try my little 3D Engine project, and mail me the FPS. WEngine
Or just visit my site
--------------------------
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has
been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This
disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless
brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder