no forum FAQ here, why?

Started by
6 comments, last by tobymurray 21 years, 11 months ago
Moderators, why isn''t there a FAQ for this forum? After seeing another OGL v. DX post, a faq that at least deals with at least a link or 2 on this topic would be great - especially since it could use the same links as in the DX forum FAQ. Also a faq with links to sites explaining some common questions : a link to some BSP/portal info a link to info on terrain a link to info explaining basic 3d concepts etc. just a thought. Toby
Advertisement
Next time, feel free to post a link to the article referenced in my Sig.

As for the FAQ, maybe the moderator is a lazy bastard. Come to think of it, I''ve never seen him post.

I've never seen him post.

That's because you joined in the middle of 2001. The last time Bully started a thread was back at the end of 2000, and he hasn't made a reply to anything since Feburary (that was in the lounge). The last time he posted anything in this forum was last year when he made this thought provoking reply:

quote:Original post by Bully

[edited by - Michalson on April 30, 2002 2:47:52 PM]
I noticed that he seems to have completely disappeared. Perhaps it''s time to find a replacement?
During my (rather short) time here on GameDev I have collected lots of questions that seemed to be asked rather often on the graphics/OpenGL forums (so that I could cut''n''paste a quick reply ).

I could compile a FAQ of them, if anyone is interested. I could add some more advanced stuff aswell, since I often see more advanced questions esp. in this forum that remain unanswered (terrain stuff, vertex/pixel shader related, etc). The only reply is often ''go to opengl.org'' or similar. Kind of sucks.

/ Yann
So Bully hasn''t posted in a year and a half?! Seriously, I do think it''s time to find a replacement Dave.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Well Bully''s still around the forums, apparently, since he did post in February, which is why this hasn''t come up sooner. But he hasn''t been active in this particular forum, and judging by the number of unanswered questions, a more active moderator would be nice.

Yann: If you want to put something together, I''ll add it to the FAQ.
quote:
Yann: If you want to put something together, I''ll add it to the FAQ.

OK, I have some good stuff here, I''ll try to put something nice together.

Not before next week though, since we have a game presentation monday, so until then, it''s 24h work and no sleep If it goes well, we have a publishing contract ! If not, I''ll have lots of time for the FAQ... (please please please *take our game* please please please )

Oh well

/ Yann

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement