Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DavidGallagher

creating model and level tools

I''d like to create some tools for a 3d engine but I''m having a hard time figuring out how to set it up. I want a 3d rendering window(opengl or direct3d) but also two 2d editing surfaces. Has anyone done this before and knows a good way to go about it? Also is it possible for opengl or direct3d to do split screen rendering? Thanks for your time, Dave

I''m starting to make some tools, and I''ve been doing it in windows. I''m planning to have a main window with a couple child windows attached to it. I''ll use the wgl functions on the child windows to get independant rendering contexts for each one. To show something in 2D couldn''t you just use an orthographic projection instead of a perspective projection? You could have two totally independant views of a model in each window. One could be a 2D view and the other a 3D view.

I''m actually making the tools for my engine run under my engine- heh. it works quite well, and since I have a full featured 5000 lines of code GUI for it, there is no problem.

it nice to make and object and see instantly the way it will look in the engine.

Ranger