using directDraw and direct3D together

Started by
11 comments, last by riz 21 years, 11 months ago
GarlandIX, whoops. heh. i misread. i thought you said retained, instead of immediate mode. well, in either case you can run dx8 apps on your card. there is no excuse because any card that supports dx6 can run dx8. you dont get all the new features, but it works. how do i know this? well besides it was being stated in the sdk, both my 4mb ati rage pro and 12mb voodoo2 dont seem to mind working with dx8.
Advertisement
quote:
GarlandIX, whoops. heh. i misread. i thought you said retained, instead of immediate mode.

LOL! I can understand that!

quote:
well, in either case you can run dx8 apps on your card. there is no excuse because any card that supports dx6 can run dx8. you dont get all the new features, but it works. how do i know this? well besides it was being stated in the sdk, both my 4mb ati rage pro and 12mb voodoo2 dont seem to mind working with dx8.

What about my 8mb AccelSTAR II? I ran dxDiag.exe and it worked perfectly with the dx7 interfaces, but gave me an error when trying the dx8 ones(HRESULT=Ox8876086a--3D not available) Anyone know why this happens? And does anyone know how to fix it? I have already unsuccessfully STFW'ed, so I would be eternally grateful if someone could help me with this.

------------------------------
BASIC programmers don't die, they just GOSUB and don't return.

[edited by - GarlandIX on May 1, 2002 7:30:58 PM]
------------------------------BASIC programmers don't die, they just GOSUB and don't return.
that is weird. if you can find out the chipset, maybe you can get the updated reference drivers instead since they would be more up to date. though you may lose some special features of your vendor version like video capture or tv out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement