• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rollinr33

OpenGL Windows NT and OpenGL

This topic is 5925 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I am doing this project for my AI class, we have to make an expert system and give a presentation (I hate presentations) Anyway, i am doing mine on OpenGL, not so much the programming aspect but rendering different objects with different effects, and maybe if i have time producing code in c++ to do it, but anyway, my question is, are there any differences about programming for Windows NT or 2000, as compared to windows 98? I just want to know, so i am prepared. Also if anyone could test out my expert system, on and NT or 2000 machine i would appreciate it. Thanks bunches, later- Rollinr33 what we do in life... echoes in eternity...

Advertisement
There are a few subtle differences between WNT and W9x and a few major differences. The major differences pertain to security features - user tokens and the like among others. In regards to OGL, the differences will pertain more to the availability of video drivers, whether the card manufacture has made them available to NT and 9x and whether those drivers support OGL - or more likely - how much of OGL they support. I''m running W2K so send me an email in regard to testing out your system.

Hey that sounds cool, i am in class right now so when i get home i will send you an email reguarding testing the system, gotta go, thanks again, later-

Rollinr33

what we do in life... echoes in eternity...

Guest Anonymous Poster
Also NT/2k/XP also catches many bugs in win9x programs, like NULL pointers, and so on.

So you have a change of crashing in NT+ if you have bad coding practices.

You can email me too (email in signature.) I''m actually running XP, but it''s based on the 2k kernel (more or less, and the 2k kernel is based on the NT kernel, therefore XP = NT++).

Billy - BillyB@mrsnj.com
(Hey, I''''m no longer anonymous!)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!