Just Curious About this..

Started by
3 comments, last by dabx11 21 years, 11 months ago
Why does the Debugger Load idle.dll, It only does it when Yahoo messenger is running...No big deal, Just wondering. Loaded ''ntdll.dll'', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll'', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll'', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll'', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll'', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcrt4.dll'', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d8.dll'', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d8thk.dll'', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll'', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\system32\version.dll'', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d8d.dll'', no matching symbolic information found. Direct3D8: (INFO) :======================= Hal HWVP device selected Direct3D8: (INFO) :Using WLMT PSGP Loaded ''C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\idle.dll'', no matching symbolic information found. The thread 0x950 has exited with code 0 (0x0). The program ''D:\Temp\Window\Debug\Window.exe'' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Advertisement
Probably has something to do with idle.dll. Might be a debug build, it might be registered system wide, might have a debug hook in it. ??? Take a look at it using a snooping tool of somekind.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
You can use Dependency Walker or a similar tool to look at all the implicitly linked DLLs for any .EXE or .DLL ( or any binary executable file )
One would imagine that Yahoo IM injects that DLL into every process (presumably it hooks their message loops and watches for keystrokes) so that it can perform its idle detection.
char a[99999],*p=a;int main(int c,char**V){char*v=c>0?1[V]:(char*)V;if(c>=0)for(;*v&&93!=*v;){62==*v&&++p||60==*v&&--p||43==*v&&++*p||45==*v&&--*p||44==*v&&(*p=getchar())||46==*v&&putchar(*p)||91==*v&&(*p&&main(0,(char**)(--v+2))||(v=(char*)main(-1,(char**)++v)-1));++v;}else for(c=1;c;c+=(91==*v)-(93==*v),++v);return(int)v;}  /*** drpizza@battleaxe.net ***/
I guess I should have said it''s my program and I''m running it from Visual Studio 6, The output is from the debug window and i''m not linking or doing anything with yahoo.

I think DrPizza''s Idea is the most likely, But thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement