problem with big textures on GF4

Started by
5 comments, last by russian-bear 21 years, 11 months ago
Hi! I have a Leadtek A250 TD its a GF4 Ti 4400 . Im having a litle trouble when im loading large textures (1024x768) to display as backrounds for example. The computer ether resets or the display goes down. Have any one of you encounted the same problem?
< There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers! >
Advertisement
hi... i have exactly the same videocard and to me... everything is ok! srry i can''t help you...

REALITY.SYS corrupted, reboot UNIVERSE? [y/n]
REALITY.SYS corrupted, reboot UNIVERSE? [y/n]
1024x768 aint 2^x !
try to use 1024x1024 or 1024x512

(geesh
--mega!--
It doesnt have to be power2 dx rescales to nearest size ... i think..
< There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers! >
Erm, no DX won''t scale textures. If you''re using the D3DX functions, try calling IDirect3DDevice8::CreateTexture() yourself, and see if it still crashes.

HTH, Steve

Steve
DirectX Programmer
Soon to be the new Bill Gates
Member of the Unban Mindwipe Society (UMWS)
Stefandxm is right, dude. I really think you''re gonna have to rescale your textures to be powers of 2. I''ve had no end to texture troubles when using resolutions that aren''t powers of 2, and I''ve got a GeForce 3. Take his advice and rescale your textures.

~Ryan

Ryan Buhr

Technical Lead | Sector 13

Reactor Interactive, LLC

Facebook | Twitter

G''day!

The D3DX Texture loaders will rescale, but that''s a bad thing. It''ll create a 1024x1024 and stretch your texture across it and it will look like crap.

The D3D Loaders will not stretch it and will likely just fail.

Are you checking the return values of your functions? There is no way that loading a texture should take down your system. it sounds more likely that your load failed, and you''re trying to use random memory and that''s what is causing your problem.

Stay Casual,

Ken
Drunken Hyena
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement